Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed[_2_] Rod Speed[_2_] is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

John Galt wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Galt wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Galt wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Galt wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Galt wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Galt wrote
Billy wrote
HeyBub wrote
Billy wrote

Fantasy?

Hellooo, what 'chew smokin' boy? We're not an
agricultural society any more. Things changed after WWI.
Weapons were mechanical and we needed soldiers who could
read the damn manuals. Before WWI, most people were
lucky to finish the eighth grade, which was fine for
plowing fields, tossin' hay, and building fences. Done
any DNA analysis with electrophoresis lately? Uh-huh. In the 19th century
high schools and Colleges were rich folks
prerogatives. These days you need a PhD. just to assure
your self a slot on the day shift.

Heh! I have a 5th grade math textbook, published in 1905.
I've also got two degrees in mathematics and I'm
hard-pressed to solve some of the problems (and it's not
just because the problems involve rods, pecks, and mules).
The former president of Boston College was asked what
single thing could be done to improve the quality of
education in this coutry? His answer: "Close the colleges
of education."

It's almost criminal that no single, living, Nobel
Laureate is legally permitted to teach in the public
schools of my state (and probably yours); Nor can a
retired engineer, nurse, physician do so either. No
Pulitzer Prize winner is permitted to teach middle-school
English. I could go on and on, but you get the idea:

The inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Wanna feel better about the 'Merican educational system?
Check out the Nobel prizes in science for the Twentieth
Century awarded to Americans. Not too shabby. Explains why
scientists who want to be cutting edge, make sure to attend
American universities. We aren't worse. We are different.
Primary and secondary have problems but not the Universities,

Universities are having to allot more and more budget to
remedial math and reading skills to their freshman because
of the primary and secondary problems. This increases the
cost of tuition overall, ultimately increasing the
difficulty of students paying for their education. This will
continue to be a problem as long as......

except turf wars over budgets, idiots trying to finger
anti-zionists and, creation science.

.....people pretend the problems in the government schools
all have to do with the fact that .1% of the population has
a "thing" about creation science (completely ignoring
the fact that evolution is barely touched on in any HS class
outside of AP Biology.

We're quite good at taking properly prepared students and
turning them into Nobel Prize Winners. Underline "properly
prepared." If the children aren't properly prepared, there's
not much that can be done with them.

Bull****, the deficiencys can be fixed with any brats that
will benefit from a university education.

Interesting theory,

Taint a theory, its a trivially provable fact.

Then feel free to do so.

If those individuals can be taught that stuff in secondary
school, they can obviously be taught it in a university instead.

Perhaps.

No perhaps about it, obviously that is possible.

And if if that granted, at what cost to the rest of society?

None.

Huge,

Nope.

Well, that's certainly conclusive evidence. :-)

Your Huge claim in spades.

YOU made that claim.

YOU get to provide the evidence to support that particular claim.

THATS how it works.

AND the cost for society is lower if the education that the universitys
decide that their students need is provided by them than if that particular
education is provided to everyone in secondary school instead, even
those who wont be going to university.