Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] floofey@hotmail.com is offline

Default RCA F27732SB TV Blows Fuse

On Feb 13, 12:24*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:24:24 -0800, media3d wrote:
I believe the diodes are shorted as the voltage drop appears in both
directions. I tested them in the circuit. Do I get false readings if
they are in the circuit? Thanks.

Unsolder one leg of each device and retest using your meter's diode check
function. Often, in circuit tests can deceive.

In or out of circuit, bridges, if not short usually good, also take a
look at the output transistor next to the flyback on a heatsink, and
cold solders on the horiz. drive transformer. also older rca's have a
lot of bizarre problems due to their "on board" tuner, if you do
manage to get it on just go over the tuner to avoid future problems.
Shane.