Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default tek 2430 oscope

"James Sweet" wrote in
news:Y9Gsj.1038$th.287@trnddc05:

I'm sure that with today's SMD components,some "hybrids" could be
made to replace some TEK-made ICs,and get reasonable preformance,too.
Some of the TEK manuals used to have simplified circuit diagrams for
TEK- made ICs.

the 2445/65 hybrids would be tough,as they were laser-trimmed to spec
on the manufacturing line.

Probably nothing that couldn't be accomplished by adding a pot or
carefully matching components. The hard part would be getting enough
info on what the original part did. Microcontrollers would be a much
greater challenge I would think than any of the analog stuff.

yes,you would never get the source firmware.
But TEK generally used COTS ICs for that,and programmed them in
manufacturing.

all the 2400 hybrids had digital logic on them to control modes and
gains,along with fast analog chips.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik