Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Laburnum for turning

In message
,
" writes

John the Laburnum (AKA Golden rain) is poisonous, wood root leaves
seeds, in short entirely, so don't consume either through mouth or
nose, skin contact is no problem in my experience, beautiful wood to
turn, over here the plants barely survive, I have a couple of small
plants, but it surely takes a hundred years to get a small tree if any
at all.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

It sounds like I need to be extra careful with this one, especially with
only a small garden, OK its only twice the size of the workshop and
that's a nice cosy design. I can stand in the middle and touch all the
equipment around me

So its probably best to split with an axe and then turn whilst wearing
respirator. And definitely no Laburnum Pie
--
John