Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Spainhower Bruce Spainhower is offline

Default Fixing oversized gear issues?

woodworker88 wrote in news:58ca7768-f27a-4064-80f0-
:

On Feb 11, 9:35 pm, Bruce Spainhower
wrote:

Timesaver lapping compound is a commercial product with the properties you
describe:

http://www.newmantools.com/lapping/time.htm

No affiliation. It was just the result of a search I did about a month ago
when I needed to deal with some tight gears for a project.

Looks like good stuff to me. Did you buy it directly from them or
through someone else?

Got it through a Model T parts house, the yellow stuff, for lapping softer
metals. Pretty common for fitting babbit bearings in old engines. I needed it
for both the cam bearings and the cam gear.