Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Trying to form a Union

Michael A. Terrell wrote in article
Hawke wrote:

Why should they have to become shareholders to share in the profits?

After
all it's the workers who make the products and provide the services

that
creates the profits to begin with. We all know it's not the owners and
management who actually produce anything. Workers should profit from

what
they contribute to the success of the business and without them there

is no
business. The Hollywood producers just found that out. No writers, no

makie
money. No workers, no makie money. Owners just don't want to be fair

they
want the workers to do all the work and give them nothing so they can

keep
all the profits for themselves. That isn't exactly a secret. It's been

going
on for centuries.

Idiot. those workers didn't raise the capital, or spend years
building the business, unless it is employee owned. They get what they
deserve. No more and no less. Not one of them would take those risks,
or they would own a business, not work for it.

I also suspect that ANY business owner in his right mind that had a group
of employees constantly threatening to shut the place down with a strike
would have no choice but to squirrel away every dime he could extract from
the company in the chance that this great union that is "protecting" the
workers manages to put their employer out of business......and the very
members it claims to be protecting out of work!