Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mike_0_007@hotmail.com is offline

Default Wire for smoke alarms?

On Feb 13, 12:41*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
what the hell kind of house needs emt all over?

wrote in message

I am doing everything in EMT. *So far over 200' of new EMT has been
laid on top of the existing EMT pipes. *I don't know if I can fit
extra wires into what I have already. *If it involves new rigid
conduits to be laid the cost will not be insignificant. *I hate to use
romex.

I've been wanted to ask this for quite some time, and this looks like
the thread to do it in!
house is 4 years old. Since new, one wired smoke detector in one
bedroom has been false alarming.
of course, it sets off all the others. I have replaced the detector
with new ones twice, but within a day or
two, false alarm again. So it must be the wire running to that room,
right? it's a bedroom, there's nothing
happening that should set it off. I was thinking of tracing the
existing wire, i guess it runs to the next
detector in the series, and replacing the wire.only problem is, its
tough to trace the wire because the
attic has plywood flooring nailed down which will have to come up for
that.