Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default expanation of 3 phaze power

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:22:36 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

3 Phase power is very desirable. Motors do not suffer velocity modulation
like single single phase motors do and they are more efficient. I am
American, but live in Europe where most homes are fed with 3 phase.

Despite you saying you live in Europe, presumably Germany from your
email address I'm not sure where you get the idea that most homes in
Europe are fed with three phase. Some commercial and most industrial
premises are, almost all single occupancy homes aren't, the only real
exceptions are homes that are heated by electricity. Given the cost
of generation with fossil fuels this tends to be those with a
significant proportion of hydro such as Norway.