Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler[_8_] sylvan butler[_8_] is offline

Default Replacing light bulbs in a high soffit

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:23:20 -0800 (PST), wrote:
There is a light at about 13' up and another one about 18' up, about 3
feet off the wall.

Nasty.

I am not looking forward to climbing a ladder 18' tall, then lean out
3 feet to reach a trim to unhook two spring to change a light bulb.

There must be a better way to do this?

Cherry picker (bucket lift truck) or similar hoist.

scaffolding.

rappel down from above.

hire it out.

Whichever way you change those bulbs, I'd suggest putting in compact
fluorescent or extended life incandescent (usually very inefficient and
yellow light, since they are typically designed for a higher voltage and
get their long life by operating under-volted). You might even want to
"burn in" your replacement CF bulbs for a few days, including several
on/off and rest cycles. This will reducce odds of infant mortality
necessitating a quick second replacment.

sdb
--
What's seen on your screen?
http://PcScreenWatch.com