Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default Wire for smoke alarms?

On Feb 12, 4:12*pm, wrote:
I am in the middle of the whole house remodeling and my electrician
who is doing wiring for me told me I should have him wire for smoke
alarms for all the rooms while he is at it.

Is this worth the effort? *I was planning on just using battery
operated ones that you attach to the ceiling with a double sided tapes
and only in the kitchen, garage and the family room where a fire place
is located.

What is the benefit of having a smoke alarm that is hard wired? *I
asked him and he said that if it's hard wired and chained together,
then if one goes off all goes off, ok so this is a slight plus.

Comments?

MC

Thats the code now adays, - if you are pulling wire thru the area
anyways, why not, the extra cost is definitly worth a life.

Dave