Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Laburnum for turning

On Feb 12, 1:57*pm, John wrote:
I have picked up a small piece of Laburnum 2ft long 2ft dia, and plan to
cut it up. I have read that the leaves , seeds and root contain an
Alkaloid poison? *What bout the trunk? Any special precautions there?

Any advice would be appreciated, as I would rather not *to put myself or
the dog at risk
--
John

John the Laburnum (AKA Golden rain) is poisonous, wood root leaves
seeds, in short entirely, so don't consume either through mouth or
nose, skin contact is no problem in my experience, beautiful wood to
turn, over here the plants barely survive, I have a couple of small
plants, but it surely takes a hundred years to get a small tree if any
at all.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo