Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage door has difficulty closing

On Feb 12, 12:24*pm, Steven wrote:
My garage door opener can open smoothly, but it only closes about half
way - seemlingly encounters resistance - and then the door re-opens.
I *disconnected the automatic opening system and tried to close the
door manually - it worked but I could feel resistance when pulling it
down around half way. *The system seems fine - springs, cables,
rollers, etc. (I just installed a new SEAS garage door opener two
weeks ago and it worked fine until two days ago. *It's an old door
abotu 15 years old and the old garage door opener was replaced. *I
also lubricated the components of the garage door system.)

Any suggestions? *Thank you.

Is it significantly colder compared to when you installed the opener?

My Craftsman has a habit of balking when it gets really cold. I have
to increase the up and/or down force to get the door to travel it's
full distance. I should note that my opener is about 20 YO, however,
it has been doing it since the first cold winter.