Posted to alt.home.repair
Mitch@_._ Mitch@_._ is offline

Default Help with leaky shower faucets

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:23:01 -0800 (PST), ATR
wrote:

Hello,

while I am quite at home in a materials synthesis laboratory, my
experience and knowledge of every day technical jobs is quite
deficient. However, I just purchased my first home and would like to
address such deficiencies by handling small jobs myself. So, I have a
leaky faucet in my shower and having never changed/installed new
faucets I was hoping to get some advice. Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

When I bought my first home, I bought a Stanley Home Repair book.
It's a treasure trove of small jobs. It covers many different types
of faucets.

I have a dripping shower faucet too. Problem is, there's no shutoff
valve...I have to shut down the water main, and just haven't gotten
around to fixing it.

One good thing my dad taught me: always start plumbing jobs in the
morning so that you have plenty of time to make several trips to the
hardware store.