Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with leaky shower faucets

"jim" wrote in message
On Feb 12, 7:12 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"ATR" wrote in message

Hello,

while I am quite at home in a materials synthesis laboratory, my
experience and knowledge of every day technical jobs is quite
deficient. However, I just purchased my first home and would like to
address such deficiencies by handling small jobs myself. So, I have a
leaky faucet in my shower and having never changed/installed new
faucets I was hoping to get some advice. Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

This probably isn't the advice you want, but do you own a yellow pages
phone
book? I'm asking for a good reason. Actually, an excellent reason.

And, is your faucet the single handle type, or separate knobs for hot &
cold?

Suggest the same watch the pro do it or a good freind so you remember
next time as water has a bad habit of leaking , if you are really set
on it go to the local libray and study up about it , are they 1 or 2
handle cartridge or washers or ball system ,what brand can you tell .

I was going to suggest that he take off the handle of either kind,
photograph what he finds, and bring the photo (or the camera) to a real
hardware store or real plumbing store. The problem for many people seems to
involve FINDING these stores, since everyone seems blinded by HD & Lowe's
neon.