Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default expanation of 3 phaze power

"Nick Mueller" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:

A 3 phase motor will supply nearly full power
when running on single phase, but it will stall much more easily than
when
it has 3 phase power.

I see a slight contradiction in this statement.

If all 3 of your 4 KW motors are spinning at the same time from the same
power connection, you will have made your own 3 phase power within the
unit's wiring anyway.

And you only have to feed in 1/3 of the wattage.
Quick, quick! To the patent-office! :-)

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Hi Nick

I recognize that you are a smart guy, so there is a misunderstanding.
I say that a 3 phase motor can deliver nearly its full name plate rated
power to the load when it is running from a single phase power source. I
suspect that you agree.
I say that a 3 phase motor will stall more easily when running from a
single phase power source than when running from a 3 phase power source.
You certainly agree with that.

I considered that when one of the three motors is spinning, it becomes a
"rotary converter" for the other motors. My thought was (is) when the
system of 3 motors are included in one machine, not all will be loaded
simultaneously. That assumption could easily be an error.

I am open to learn. Where is my thinking wrong?

Jerry

Jerry