Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Old Guy Old Guy is offline

Default Quartz Overhead Radiant Heater

On the recommendation of my BIL, I went to the hardware store and
bought 2 the chicken brooder heat lamps.
I put 250 watt infra red (not the red colored glass) in them, clipped
them to the overhead joist, and voila, a nice warm head. As well as
extra light.

Also cheap.

Be sure you buy the heat lamp socket rated for 250 watts, some of
slightly cheaper lamps have plastic sockets, and are rated at only 100
watts.

I can work comfortably in the shop when the temperature is 35 degrees
or so. Of course I'm wearing warm clothes.

Old Guy

On Feb 11, 4:14*pm, ebd wrote:
Tried some searches of the archives but didn't find anything. Has
anyone user the Quartz Overhead Radiant Heater from Lee Valley?

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43456,43465

I'd like to get something like this to take the edge off when I need
to work for a short while but don't want to build a fire. The shop
rarely gets below 20F.