Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default expanation of 3 phaze power

On Feb 11, 5:49 pm, "Jerry" wrote:
wrote in message

Can somone post a link to a description of how 3 phaze power works. My
brother is looking at buying a Felder combination woodworking machine
with 3 4kw motors in 3 phaze and while we both worked for an
electrician as kids we never worked with 3 phaze. If he buys it he's
planing on buying a converter as he can't get 3 phaze power at his
place. He worked in a shop with converter while in college but has
never had to set one up.
Thanks
Karl

Hi Karl

Try searching for Three Phase Power in Wikipedia.

Bob Swinney (of this group) can tell you how Rotary Converters work if
you want to make your own 3 phase from a single phase source.

Jerry

Will do. Didn't think of that. I asked my brother if he was going to
make a converter but he's looking at buying an electronic one.
Thanks
Karl