Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Need Chimney Cap Repair Advice .. .. ..

Actually, I've just thought of another option .. .. how about the thick,
varnish-looking sealer that some folks use on their sidewalks &
driveways ?? ?? It penetrates pretty deep, and probably would need to
be reapplied every other year or so. Again, just thinking out loud ..
... ..

__ Bøb __ wrote:
My "cap" is actually just a bed of mortar-like substance that appears
to be troweled-on over the top course of brick. It's not a "cast"
cap like many I've seen before.
wrote:
Reading again, it almost sounds as if you need a new cap....if you do,
just buy one. They arent that expensive. Mine, custom-made and
installed was only $50...of course that was 15 years ago...