Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Questions

"SteveC" wrote in message
Yes and No about the depris. A number of things happened. My plumber
installed a water softener and at the same time screwed around with the
pressure tank's pressure settings, i'm not sure what the problem is.
Could be the water softener, pressure tank or clogged coil.

Why did you not bring this up in the first post?

In any event, a filter is not the solution. You still have to determine the
source of the particulate. If it is in the hot and not the cold, it is
coming from the boiler. Did it start soon after the softener was installed?
It may be the accumulated crud and minerals from years of hard water being
loosened up now. You chose to ignore my answer the first time anyway. I
chose it ignore the filter question since that is not the proper remedy. If
you want to filter and the resulting pressure drop, go right ahead; I don't
care if you crap up your system.