Andy Hall

Default Hot water system

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:47:12 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Are you running the radiators from the store as well, Christian?

No.

Otherwise, if it's a condensing boiler, does it have separate
temperatures of operation when in DHW mode vs. CH?

The boiler is a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar HE System. Does this have the
ability to have call for heat signals at different nominal flow
temperatures?

The system will be a Honeywell 'S' plan. Initially, it will have 3 zones,
upstairs, downstairs and water heating. This will ultimately be expanded to
5 zones, for the loft conversion and conservatory. As planned, there is no
hot water priority. Although I could possibly contrive such a system, it
might require relays or similar to disable the heating circuits when the
water valve is open. I'd prefer to avoid this, unless it will significantly
improve performance.

Then you have to think about whether the radiator sizes are adequate
at the reduced temperature to give the heat output you need.

Probably. I can turn the blending valve up in cold weather. If I install a
blending valve, do I need an additional pump on the heating circuits?

Christian.

OK.

I am not sure about this boiler - it was not one that I looked at when
I was searching.

I wonder whether otherwise you could alter the behaviour of the boiler
by arranging a zone valve and bypass in effect across the flow and
return of the CH circuits - i.e. to open when any of the CH zone
valves open.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl