Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

Gerald Miller wrote:

I haven't needed any replacement parts other than the generic 100 watt
tips for my Weller Junior that I bought, mail order from Allied
sometime in the early '50s. I've bought several newer copies for a
buck or two on Saturday mornings since the and found homes for them
among offspring, friends and/or acquaintances, but the old original
stays plugged in my shop (it was loaned out for 1959 to a TV repair
shop owner whose Wen gun ate tips at one per week). Granted, this is
not the tool for modern printed circuit work, and I have some
specials, but then, I am somewhat of an antique myself.

I still have my Weller 8200 that i bought new in 1966, while I was in
Junior High school. I really splurged, and bought the injection molded
case with the wrench and spare tips. ;-)

I still have the 175 watt weller iron, along with three SP23 irons
that were bought in the early '70s. I finally broke down and bought one
new one, after the threads finally burnt out of one heating element.
What a shock! It was over five times the price!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida