Posted to alt.home.repair
MNRebecca MNRebecca is offline

Default Is room air okay for my furnace?

On Feb 11, 12:08*pm, "Mark" wrote:
Drawing
combustion air from outside is a good energy savings measure with new
high-efficiency furnaces.

Good to know, thanks!

The exhaust pipe on the other hand should NOT be disconnected in such a
manner, for obvious reasons.

It's sealed to the furnace. Until this incident, I never quite knew
what my builder meant when he said, "You can't get carbon monoxide
poisoning with this furnace, it's sealed.

As for the location of the intake and exhaust pipes, the manufacturer has Have you actually inspected the pipe to confirm your suspicion it is ice that
is blocking it and not something else?

No, the technician did it. He was dressed and I was in layers of
jammies. 15 below, 30mph winds. I'm not going out there myself until
the weather moderates. Maybe next weekend.

Thanks!