Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Biofuels Deemed a Greenhouse Threat

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:10:21 -0500, NewsGroups spar@plaus wrote:

A few years ago I saw a study which showed that it costs the equivalent
energy of 1.26 gallons of of oil to make 1.0 gallons of ethanol.. This
study was immediately denied by the tree huggers and it disappeared quickly.

If you mean the one I think you mean, it was by Pimentel, whose research
is consistently debunked but widely reported. His favorite tactic is to
ignore anything but the primary product of a biofuel's production. So,
with ethanol from corn, he ignores the fact that the proteins are then
used as cattle feed, and so on. I don't know if he's involved in this
latest study, but if he is, it's suspect at best.

I wonder which oil company is paying him to lie.