Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Seeking source for shim/spring washers

On Feb 11, 10:30*am, "*" wrote:
I am seeking a source for washers...

Thickness: ranging from .002" to .025" in each size.

When I needed such, I got SS shim stock and used ferric
chloride etching to cut 'em from sheet. There are lots
of electrochemical machining outfits that can fit you
up with this kind of item, or a little scrounging and
some glassblowing can get you an etchant tank and air
bubbler agitator and you can roll your own.

Kodak photoresist and UV lamps are also required
(used to be standard items for printed circuit etching).

My shim stock was a tad curled, hope that isn't a big issue.