Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob Fraser Rob Fraser is offline

Default lathe accident link..... It will make you sick if you look at the pics

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
. ..
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27486

Wow......

When I apprenticed in a shop in H.S. to earn a few bucks one of the older
grumpy guys "Red buttoned" my lathe, came over to me and tore into my ass
for wearing a heavy flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled down. After a slap
to the back of the head and a reminder of stuff like this happening
(Apparently he saw an accident while at Boeing where a lathe ate a guy like
this) The dude never liked me but after seeing this, he may have just
saved my life. Flashback to that day. But if your gonna go, might as well
be doing what you like...

Rob