Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Water shut off

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 01:21:06 -0800, GMM wrote:

The access is now in a circular plastic plate about 8 inches across
with a key hole. Of course, the key hole is full of asphalt from
where they re-surfaced as part of the job. Even digging all that out
doesn't help a lot as I can't really see what's going on. Does anyone
know how these things are opened and, particularly, whether the keys
are available anywhere? Everything I've found so far seems to be too
small for the job.

If it's like Thames Water's it doesn't have a keyhole, you just lever up
the cover with a big screwdriver or similar. There should be a little
notch out of the surround to get your 'driver blade into.

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana