Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveC SteveC is offline

Default Hot Water Questions

thanks for the reply, but I knew something was wrong with coil in my
"BOILER", but you still never answered my questions.

Steve

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"SteveC" wrote in message
First Question:
We have a Oil Fired Furnace supplying our domestic hot water.

No you don't. You have a boiler. Furnaces heat air, boilers heat water.

We are finding little partiles of like rust/sand in the water. Is there
a filter made for hot water? What brand is the best?

Second Question:
We are finding not a lot of pressure in the hot water. Is there a pump
you can add to the hot water outlet side to increase pressure? We are on
an artisan well if that matters.

You have other problems, likely a clogged coil. That explains the
particles in the water as well as the low pressure. I don't know if they
can be cleaned out or if it has to be replaced. If it is old, chances are
it is shot.