Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Washer and Dryer Installation and relocation

My dryer is on the left. The connections were installed that way by
the builder, but I did not buy a washer/dryer set with doors that open
to the side.

"S. Barker" wrote:

I'm just kind of curious as to why the house was set up wrong to beging
with. The dryer is always on the right.

"Zoomer" wrote in message
We have just purchased a new washer and dryer. We had the store come
and install them. They installed them just as the water lines and the
exhaust vent it on the wall. The dryer on the left, and the washer on
the right. The issue is, the pair are front loading, and the
directions the doors open are inefficient the way they washer and
dryers are sitting . We have to go around both doors to move the
clothes from the washer to the dryer. In other words the doors open
side by side rather than on opposite sides.

Here is my question...

Would it be an issue for the exhaust vent if i flip-flopped the two?
I could run the vent pipe to the opening with no problem, but I don't
want the extra length slowing down the exhaust where it won't vent
properly.

S. Christopher