Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Fire starting candles - what are they called.

On 10 Feb 2008 22:08:47 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

wrote in news:59d9c2c1-4225-40d9-8732-
:

I had a box of these candles that you place under the wood you are
trying to get started burning for a fire. Campfires, fireplaces etc.
They look like tea lights but the entire thing burns up even the wax
and the wax paper covering. They make a very hot flame unlike some of
the other fire starting products and last about 10 minutes or so.
Anyone know what these things are called?

pinecones work very well. they're full of turpentine.

There are a lot of pine cones where I live. I know people who keep a
bunch around for starting fires.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov