Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Spa / hottub keeps tripping

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:49:47 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

A lot of people
were killed.

Cite?

Well, gee, I guess nobody ever got electrocuted in places with both
electricity
and water. I guess that's why no one ever bothered to invent GFCI protection,
and it has never become part of electrical codes anywhere in the world. Go
cite
yourself.

That's what I thought, you're just imagining things. The real truth is,
the number of people who are killed by electrocution in this country, by
120 VAC, in their homes, is negligibly small. You said "a lot of people
were killed" before GFCIs. That simply isn't true. More people die by
tripping and falling down on *level ground* than get electrocuted in
their home. My "smugness" as you called it, is actually based on
scientific fact.