Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help on IBM Selectric I Needed

Don wrote:

Don't overlook lubing the felt wipers on the print shaft. Thats the
one with the groove in it that holds the carrier. Just drop some
3-in-1 oil on the shaft and tab/carriage return it a few times. This
should make the carrier escape faster. As was pointed out in an
earlier post there are two spring clutches under the plastic cover on
the right hand side if the tension spring is broken, the CR is real
slow.

Don also ex IBM service

Wouldn't PTFE (Teflon) oil be better? It wasn't available when those
machines were new.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell