Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

b wrote:

On Feb 10, 4:27 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Certainly! Our employees were the highest paid techs in the area,
had the best health care, got to drive company trucks home, and could be
fired if they didn't do their jobs right. My pay was more than $3 an
hour higher than anyone in any of the union shops. As usual, you union
maggots can't see reality for your greed.

Or to put it another way, you couldn't see what was coming for your
greed. you preferred better wages in the short term and zero job
security - as you later found out to your cost. who's the greedy one
here?

(speculative crap snipped)

And a union would have guaranteed me a job forever? How IS the buggy
whip manufacturing business these days?

So, you ran away. Real man-style, then. Truth is, you suffered at the
hands of your employer who did what he wanted with no regard for

you, but you're too proud to admit it.

See? You are making more unfounded ASS-umptions. The company hired
an new executive VP who decided to close the in house service
department. Both techs were to be transferred to field work, and because
of my health I could not climb poles on climbing hooks. I was made a
promise that I would NEVER have to climb a pole,

..dumb****, for believing that!

No, but you are for thinking that you know all the details. I ran the
corporate repair facility, I was not part of the field crew. At first
it was interesting work. I was repairing equipment that the manufacturer
couldn't, designed system extensions and CATV headends.

Now tell us: If you were hired as a welder would YOU expect to be
cleaning toilets?

kissing union losers would have walked out on strike, because you can't
think for yourself.

....and losers like you go round blithely union-bashing, spewing out
this nonsense because you are too stupid or too indoctrinated by
neoliberal doctrines to realise you're being screwed over, wrapping it
up in BS about 'being a man'. everyone can see how full of **** you
are.

i earned the right to union bash, after the death threats I got from
co workers who were union. I was working management, and was told I
would never make it home from work if I crossed their picket line.

Also, I wanted to leave the area to be closer to
family, all of who lived in Florida.

ah, so now you weren't forced out aof a job by broken management
promises, but you WANTED to leave. this is hilarious!

A closed mind is a terrible thing. A union lobotomized mind is even
worse. I get bored after a number of years on the same job and I had
worked there over four years. That, with a death in the immediate family
and several other things, there just wasn't any reason to stay. I moved,
and got the first job I applied for. People with valuable skills can do
that.

BTW: You still haven't told the newsgroup if you have any skills other
than the inability to write clearly.

I grew up in a steel town. The jerks were always
threatening to walk out, and did several times. They finally hurt the
company so bad that they had to sell out. It was bought by a japanese
company.

So what does this prove? that your country is up for sale and the
workers have no defence. Nice place to live, I'm sure.....

Just the twisted communist view I expected from a union flunky. The
owners were fed up with the union forcing them to keep thieves and
useless workers on the payroll, so they sold out.

ah, so its 'reds under the bed' time now. this is great, how many more
cold war clichés are you going to come out with?

If there are any 'reds under the bed', they aren't here. Union
propaganda is still made of recycled, overpriced lies. Unions were
great, at one time. Then the criminals and idiots took over.

AK Steel, the new owners wanted to close the plant because they could
make steel cheaper in Japan, even though the quality was lower. The
plant needed some upgrades, but all the money Armco needed to stay
competitive was being bled from their bank accounts by the deadwood the
union demanded they keep on their payroll.

who's to say who is 'dead wood' and who isn't ? sounds like an excuse
to increase profits at the cost of the workers to me.

The people who were always away from their position? How about the
guy they videotaped on second **** slipping into a storeroom? He would
sleep four hours, get up and go to lunch, then go back for four more
hours. According to the union, it wasn't the union member's fault that
the company couldn't find him. or that he was being paid for work he
didn't do.

ultimately this seems to come down not so much to an argument about
industrial relations, but to an argument about basic view of people.
You feel they're 'thieves', 'lazy', 'dead wood', 'stooges', 'maggots',
a 'herd'...I pity people with a dismal worldview like you. You have
proven yourself incapable of educated and balanced argument; someone
comes along with a more open view of people and their rights, then you
immediately start getting personal and vulgar - there's barely a
single paragraph you wrote which didn't contain some abuse and
bull****.

(more tired union-bashing snipped)

(sigh)...Once more you don't seem to grasp the idea that outsourcing
production to the third world to cut costs (or threatening to in order
to make the employees work for **** money, precarious contracts and
worse conditions) is not ethical behaviour.

Show everyone where I EVER made that claim.

your incessant disregard for the rights of woriking people NOT to be
screwed over by employers is evidence enough. we're going round in
circles here so let's just agree to disagree...
-B

You are full of ****, as usual. Unions are a great thing for bottom
feeders, and those who can't think for themselves. My dad had to join a
union to work in a corrugated paper plant. He was happier that he could
quit the union than for the pay increase when he made foreman. he was
always complaining about the dead wood he had to work with, because the
union wouldn't let the company fire them. One was so bad that they had
to show him how to do his job every Monday. He also complained about
the losers demanding he reduce the quality of his work, to their level.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida