Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
_[_2_] _[_2_] is offline

Default Clamping V blocks onto 2-3-4 blocks

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:18:49 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote:

I've had to diddle around trying to clamp a V block down onto a 2-3-4
block while keeping said collection square to the spindle

Actual use was drilling for a scope mount on a Stevens Favorite single
shot. I left the action on the barrel and used a Kant-Twist clamp
(w/poly jaws) to hold the action against an angle plate (keeps the
barrel lined up at right angles to the action). But I had to use blocks
to raise the v blocks high enough for the tang to clear the table (the
tang was actually down in a T slot).

So how can you clamp down v blocks onto 2-3-4 blocks and still remain
square to the spindle?

Loctite.