Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default RCA F27732SB TV Blows Fuse

wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have recently encountered a problem with my RCA 27" TV. The TV blows
the fuse every time it is plugged in. I am unable to do voltage tests
as there is NO power. I believe the problem is within the first few
components (filter capacitor, diodes, chopper transistor, etc). I have
not really taken a very good look at the set, but would like some sort
of direction before I go ahead and start.

Can someone direct me to the right direction of which are the most
likely failed components?

Thank you

P.S. THE CHASSIS IS: CTC169CK5

Sounds like you pretty well nailed it. Check the chopper transistor and
rectifier diodes on the input first, and keep in mind that if one of those
checks bad, other parts in the area may be bad as well.