Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default The tire came off my B.S.

I was resawing a piece of maple that was 7" wide on my Jet 14" b.s. and all
at once the bottom tire came off the wheel. I suppose there was heat build
up that caused the tire to stretch. I didn't think I was cutting the maple
too fast, but obviously I was.
This was yesterday and I was able to purchase a new tire at the Cutting Edge
for a nominal price. They advised me to put the new tire in a bowl of water
and to nuke it in the microwave. I did and only needed one clamp to hold the
tire while I stretched it onto the wheel. I was back up and resawing in less
than 3 hours.
It might be of interest to anyone that has to deal with this is that the
bolt holding the wheel onto the shaft is a counter clock wise thread.