Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Best prank to date! Oh, there be metal!

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:17:55 -0800 (PST), Brent
wrote:

On Feb 10, 7:06 pm, Gerald Miller wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:50:07 -0600, "jusme" wrote:
Tom,

Where did you get a neodymium magnet of that size. I would love to have one
that size or bigger.

I have some that came out of hard drives and they are powerful, to say the
least.

j/b

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news My dear sister asked me how to retrieve a key on a ring that had fallen
into a crack next to the stoop at home. I handed her a 2" dia. by 1"
niobium magnet. When I got to the house that night, I was a bit surprised
to see her purse mounted on the side of her front left fender. Boy, was
she ****ed about driving 15 miles home like that! I especially liked the
twine tying her purse shut. I didn't plan it...HONEST!!!

I have one, 1/4" dia. x 1" long that I regularly drop thru a 3/8"
copper tube to confuse observers.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

so the diameter does not need to be a close match then?

Nope, works just as well to slide a disc across an aluminium cookie
sheet.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada