Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Walter Cohen Walter Cohen is offline

Default Bathroom exhaust fan installation

Thanks John.
Some have suggested NOT to use a hole saw but instead a jig saw or sawzall.
Mostly because of tearing through roof shingles once it pokes through.
Thoughts on this?

Walter
"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
Due to logistical reasons in my attic I need to route the new bathroom
fan exhaust duct up through the roof instead of out the side wall. It's
also a shorter run if I go vertically instead of horizontally.
I'll be buying 4" aluminum ducting so when I buy a hole saw to cut the
roof hole do I buy one that's 4" round, 4 1/4", or 4 1/2"?

Anything else I should do or watch out for?

I use a 4 1/4" hole saw in my angle drill at slow speed. You don't want
to go too fast with a puppy this big.