Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Certainly! Our employees were the highest paid techs in the area,
had the best health care, got to drive company trucks home, and
could be fired if they didn't do their jobs right. My pay was more
than $3 an hour higher than anyone in any of the union shops.
As usual, you union maggots can't see reality for your greed.

If the situation were reversed -- that the union employees were better
off -- would you have pumped for a union?

I've long wanted a union for technical writers. Not for better pay, which is
good, but to keep out the unqualified people (ie, middle-aged women who have
nothing better to do with their time) and establish high standards of
technical documentation. I wish there were a tech-writer's union -- I'd
probably still be working at Data I/O.

Speaking of steel mills... Do you remember the tax break American steel
companies got back in the '70s? Do you remember what they did with it?

Greedy unions exist because greedy businesses exist.