Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Recycling thought

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Mogga" wrote in message

... We've been given two food recycling bins;
one small for the kitchen and one big for outside. We were given a
roll of special bags but they're quite dear so I'm using newspaper
were possible to wrap food waste.

The notion of wasting food is abbhorent.

Mary

The starving think what you put in the compost is a waste, so tread
carefully when you say things you may regret.

I've not met any starving people in Leeds since the war. That doesn't mean
there aren't any of course.

In principle I agree but sending what we call waste to the starving is
impossible.

What we shouldn't be doing is throwing away perfectly good food, it's an
insult to the producer/grower and, in the case of meat, to the animal. It's
also a great waste of energy.

Mary