Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone playing with their Kill - A - Watt meter

On Feb 9, 10:54Â*pm, Nexus7 wrote:
On Feb 9, 5:05 pm, " wrote:

On Feb 9, 4:36�pm, Nexus7 wrote:
I addressed that in my posting, I said you dump less of your home's
heated air outside because you run the dryer less. In any event, the
biggest difference is that a front-loader just does a far better job
on the clothes. If you want a worse wash, you can save a lot of money
by just not washing clothes.

Does he count the extended lifetime of the clothes because of less
mutilation in the washer, and complete extraction of detergent?
Â*A lot of front-loaders are
direct drive (no transmission). Less parts to fail.

obviously you bought a front loader, so did my dad. hope it works
great for you.

What kind of an argument is that? I listed some areas where a front-
loader is qualitatively superior to a top-loader. Do you dispute any
of those?

but when its going to cost half the price oif the machine for a couple
parts you can remember this discussion as it goes to the
landfill..........

Any parts these days cost an arm and a leg. They used to make that
argument for American vs Japanese cars, and these days you have to
empty a checking account before you buy parts for anything. As front-
loaders as becoming common, the economics of scale will drop the price
of parts. Already the most prominent displays in Kmart, HD, BB, etc.
are the front-loaders.

they are the most prominent becuse they cost more so theres more
profit in selling them............