Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Table saw

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:45:17 GMT, "Sac Dave"
wrote:

My sister father-in-law passed away about 4 months ago. He was a wood worker
and has quiet few tools He has an old craftsman table saw at least 40 years
old it's all cast iron, it's 110V so it's my guess it's 1hp. ( I'm not in
there area to look at it) He said there is two dado blade sets a bunch of
blades, only a couple are carbide. I don't think they know what else is for
the saw. There is also an old Band saw, and a 4" planer cast iron. There is
also some old hand saws, plains* , I'm sure there quiet an assortment of
hand tools. They are trying to clean the house to sell and of coarse the
tools are going. I would buy some of them myself but I have a big power
matic 66 I'm pretty tooled out threes nothing I need . He is not sure what
to ask for the Table saw I have seen it best description it's between a
contractors saw and a uni saw. If anyone has an idea of the value I know
it's hard with seeing it or better yet is interested in buying I can get
more information. The Tools are in the SF bay area ( Hillsboro )
* Some guy came buy and bought some 3 of the plains for $100 he picked threw
what was there well somebody got a deal on some old plains at least 50
years old.
So if somebody is interested post it and I will get back to you.

New Craftsman table saws are not too good, but the older ones may be
well worth having. Check the condition of the saw, what accessories
are going with it and look on ebay to get an idea about pricing. "Cast
iron" is very desirable (heavy is good). A quality fence can add to
the overall value. A cabinet saw has more value than a contractor
saw. I've had a PM66 since '93 and love it.