Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone playing with their Kill - A - Watt meter

On Feb 9, 4:36�pm, Nexus7 wrote:
On Feb 9, 12:53 pm, " wrote:

you can buy a decent laundry pair washer and dryer for 500 bucks.

a front load pair probably 3 times that. so to ever save any money the
first thing you must do is save a grand on energy water etc.

I addressed that in my posting, I said you dump less of your home's
heated air outside because you run the dryer less. In any event, the
biggest difference is that a front-loader just does a far better job
on the clothes. If you want a worse wash, you can save a lot of money
by just not washing clothes.

that takes awhile and a friend who fixes appliances for a living and
owns the business says by the time you get near payback something will
fail on the machine.

Does he count the extended lifetime of the clothes because of less
mutilation in the washer, and complete extraction of detergent?

maytags use a drum with intergrated bearing, cant just replace the
bearing need a whole drum assembly, over 300 bucks.

So what? Do they fail more? A $1000 washer is going to have better
parts quality than the $500 pair special. A lot of front-loaders are
direct drive (no transmission). Less parts to fail.

obviously you bought a front loader, so did my dad. hope it works
great for you.

but when its going to cost half the price oif the machine for a couple
parts you can remember this discussion as it goes to the
landfill..........