Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
magwitch[_2_] magwitch[_2_] is offline

Default Oh, the irony of it..

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-02-07 21:50:44 +0000, Ed Sirett said:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:06:54 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The power shortages in South Africa have been addressed; the government
is proposing the following:

* Promoting solar water heaters and solar-power traffic and street
lights.
* Introducing liquefied petroleum gas (LP gas). * Distributing
energy-efficient light bulbs. * Introducing power rationing.
* Putting pressure on the coal industry, which is exporting its best
quality coal, to provide local power stations with a higher quality
coal.

So you see, there is absolutely nothing to concern yourself about -
it's completely under control!

Is that the government that reckoned smoking dried banana skins would
cure AIDS?

ROTFL

It's funny in so many ways and so sad in others.

Indeed, some years ago my firm (medical publishing) went to Johannesburg
for the World Aids Conference.

One of my friends went on safari and had to hire a car and drive all the
way to where the big game park was. When I asked how people get around
there generally he said that they'd attempted to set up a public
transport bus system, but it only lasted a short while as many of the
bus drivers were shot dead.

Apparently they been taking trade away from the private combi vans...