Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14 CDET 14 is offline

Default electric dryer not drying so fast

On Feb 8, 9:06*am, "J" wrote:
Our electric dryer isn't drying as quick as it had in the past, but
eventually it does dry. *Once in the past a repairman came out and cleaned
out the exhaust line and it began drying much better. *Therefore I went
outside while it was running and from the amount of air, it appears that the
air is unimpeded. *What could be the problem? *Should I try to look inside
the dryer for more clues? *Are dryers simple to get into?

Thanks.

There are other issues that have not been addressed.
If you use clothes dryer softener sheets, like Bounce, they leave a
film on the lint screen which needs to be washed off with soap (Dawn)
and water.
Rinse thoroughly and dry completely before placing back in dryer.

Also, your laundry room door needs to be left open at least a little
to allow for easier replacement of exhaust air.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com