Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Recycling thought

On 2008-02-07 18:39:07 +0000, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
said:

How much energy is saved by the recycling efforts of the average 3 bed
household on a weekly basis?

The reason I ask is that we have to wash every tin, bottle and bit of
plastic that we have to recycle and I'm thinking that we're using more hot
water now than we used to and that water is heated with gas and/or
electricity...

Si

Probably none.

The reality is that it is pointless, politically correct ********.

What you are being asked to do is the local authorities work for them,
in order that they can reduce their costs and meet the handed down
commitments resulting from acquiescence to nitwits in Brussels.

Sorry, Andy, but trotting out the old "nitwits in Brussels" chestnut does
nothing for your case. European legislation has raised standards in
Britain in quite a few areas