Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default electric dryer not drying so fast

wrote in
:

On Feb 8, 9:08 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"J" wrote in message

Our electric dryer isn't drying as quick as it had in the past, but
eventually it does dry. Once in the past a repairman came out and
cleaned out the exhaust line and it began drying much better.
Therefore I went outside while it was running and from the amount
of air, it appears that the air is unimpeded. What could be the
problem? Should I try to look inside the dryer for more clues?
Are dryers simple to get into?

Thanks.

Check the air flow again.

There are two thing that make for long drying times. Lack of air
flow and not enough heat. If one of the elements is not working or
the vent is slowed down, it will not dry properly.

If you can get the vent off the back of the dryer feel the air there
and see if it is stronger than at the end.

If it's a Sears, and probably most others, you can go to their repair
website and get to the parts ordering area. There is usually a blow-
up diagram of the dryer. This will give you a reasonable idea of how
to take it apart. You can also use it to order parts!
If you need parts, there are quite a number of on-line places to order
them. Shop around, as I've found prices for such things as motors
varies quite a bit.

RepairClinic.com is one I've used. Good prices and actual shipping costs.
Put in appliance model number and it lists every part available along
with a pic of it. Of course, on smaller orders sometimes local is cheaper
since there are no shipping charges.