Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony 36" TV with impure lower-right corner

On Feb 8, 11:03*pm, jakdedert wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 8, 4:16 pm, "William Sommerwerck"

snip

OK - what I would try next is turning the bulk eraser on and off

in
the same position that it was when you caused the problem, to see

what
happens. *If it was the bulk eraser that casued the problem,

something
should change. *If nothing changes, then maybe there is something

else
magnetized somewhere else in the set. Is it possible something

got
magnetized and then moved so that it is no longer affected by the

bulk
eraser? *Have you pulled the back to see if anything seems out of
place?

Bob Hofmann

What you're suggesting is to repeat the same thing which he (and I)
suspect damaged the tube in the first place--abruptly and possibly
permanently flexing the shadow mask. *The possibility exists that

he
could make it even worse. *Unless concentrated degaussing of the

area
makes some improvement, internal damage is about the only

possibility.

jak

Trinitron aperture grills are stretched top to bottom on a cast iron
frame inside the CRT. How do you 'deform' it?

GG