Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Dunning Mark Dunning is offline

Default lathe accident link..... It will make you sick if you look at the pics

Cripes that's disgusting!
Thank you for posting it. It should be required viewing for anybody
considering purchase of a new or used lathe.

When I was TDY to the Philippines in the 80's, the "Sparrow" terrorists
killed a couple of GIs. It happened off-base in Angeles City, a couple of
blocks from our hotel.

The Stars and Stripes ran a picture of the young vioctim's body laying in
the street.

There was an uproar about publishing the picture, and the gist of most of
the whining was: "it's too upsetting"

I was personally pleased that the public was able to get the real effect of
what terrorists do, and the "danger" we were in.

Sometimes, a picture is worth 10,000 words.

Mark

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
. ..
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27486