Posted to cam.misc, uk.d-i-y
John Ionides John Ionides is offline

Default Oh, the irony of it..

On Feb 8, 7:21 pm, Andy Hall wrote:

On 2008-02-08 11:46:20 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:59:50 on Fri,
8 Feb 2008, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
Indeed. If you are living in a tin shack in Soweto, and its down near
freezing, you are going to light up some coal.

The future of the planet takes second base after your own personal survival.

We can lead by example, but what a sorry example we are setting..

Not helped by people thinking they've done everything they need to by
buying a few paper garbage sacks, a couple of CFLs, and that a Prius
has some sort of mystery negative carbon footprint.

Precisely.

I want a BEV. Probably only a couple of years away.

I want a bevvy. Probably only a couple of minutes away.

Well I had a 1/3d bottle of a very decent Chianti.

So alls not totally awry in the world.

There's bunch of Russians (5) sitting on the table next to me who
have ordered their second bottle of Русский Стандарт Водка. They
don't think that all is totally awry either.

Is that Russian for Polonium 238?

;-)

I'll Czech and ask them.

They're on bottle 4 now. The bar people had been bringing glasses of
orange juice for the ladies. This time, the ladies asked that less
ice was put into the orange juice because it didn't allow enough space
for the Водка

The scary thing is that they are showing no signs at all of becoming ****ed.

It is something strange I have noticed about drinking vodka Russian-
style - it seems perfectly possible to drain a bottle between three
people and still feel just slightly tipsy, and annoyingly chirpy the
next morning too. If I tried drinking that in pints I would be a
blithering mess, and probably a write-off for a few days.

Maybe it is just the quality of the hlebnoe vino, though.