AZOTIC

Default Which machine?

Say guys, I'm tired of hand tools and want to get a real machine tool
besides my drill press. Strictly hobby and shop. Which would you buy first,
a lath or a mill?

Thanks for any input.

If you want to work with round things and cut threads, get a lathe. If you
want to work with not-round things and bore holes, cut slots, etc get a mill.
Personally, I think a lathe is by far the most useful thing in a general
shop. A mill would be a close second, unless you plan on doing work where it

it
required.

GTO(John)

With the addition of a milling attachment you can also do some
small part milling in a lathe. Think horizontal milling machine.

Best Regards
Tom.